Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 32 - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!
Wow, it's 2009, where did 2008 go??
It's a start to a new year and I hope some new years resolutions to get into shape.  I ran 2 miles on Dec. 31st and I literally thought I wasn't going to make it.  My body was screaming at me, "Don't run today!  Just relax!"  I so wanted to take the day off, but I didn't.  I struggled through the 2 miles and overcame the feat.

For New Years, instead of running 2 miles, I snowboarded.  Wow, I haven't snowboarded in about 5 years, so I was a little rusty.  But it was great exercise for my legs and I know I'm definitely going to feel the "hurt real bad" (check out Russell Peters on Youtube for the quote).  After February, I'm going to pick up the boarding again and try to increase my skills (i.e. in the terrain park).  We'll see, we'll see...

I hope that you all had a safe New Years and I wish you the best for 2009!  Stay warm and stay safe.  'Til tomorrow....

2 miles run; 33 minutes 347 calories burned.

No comments: