Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 17

Hello and good morning folks!
Got up today, not feeling as sore as before, and did my daily 2 miler.  Started with a one and half minute warmup walk and then went back and forth between 5 and 3 on the treadmill, going 2 minutes on 5 and then 2 minutes on 3.  I was able to maintain that until the end, which shows me that I am improving.  I wasn't able to do that at the start of this program.  I am feeling that my legs are getting stronger, particularly my calves which are becoming more defined.

Last night I saw a video of Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, giving a commencement speech to the graduates of Stanford University on YouTube.  What I found interesting was when Mr. Jobs spoke about death.  After going through a near death experience, when he discovered that he had a tumor, he realized that life could end in an instant.  Each morning he says to himself, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"

This made me realize that we have no control on what may happen today.  Today could (but hopefully not) be our last day here.  Did I do my ultimate best today? Did I do my best at work and put my 110% into it? Did I strive to make myself a healthier person by doing some exercise? Or did I do it half-assed?  Good questions to ask yourself and reflect on I say...

2 miles run; 31 minutes; 367 calories burned.

No comments: