Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 3

In the beginning, today wasn't as hard as yesterday.  I started walking the quarter mile and then turned up the treadmill speed to 5 (out of 10) and began running.  Everything was good until I hit the 1 mile mark.  After that, my body was like, "What are you doing?  Why are you running?"  I slowed back down to 3 and then gradually increased the speed until I was walking at a brisk pace.  I ran the last quarter mile as fast as possible.  I guess my body is still getting used the whole exercise "thing" at 7 in the morning.  But I do notice, that even though my body is aching a little bit, I'm feeling much better about myself, because I got off my big butt and ran.  And that brings a smile to my face :)  I ran for 31 minutes and burned 329 calories.  Oh yeah, and I did some research: 3,500 calories equals to 1 pound (lb) of weight loss.  So that means if I were to burn 116,800 calories within the year, would that equate to 33.37 lbs of possible weight loss (considering that I keep to my regular eating and don't pig out?)  I wonder if anyone could verify this.  Anyways, Day 3 is complete...YES!

No comments: