Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 4

I can't make anymore excuses now.  After day 3's workout and a long day at work, I was ready to go home and just relax a bit.  The past few days I've been getting home late due to work and studying... But at 10 o'clock I received a phone call.  My cousin called saying that her and her husband were in NY! (They are originally from Korea) I was like what the heck?  I heard that they were coming to the U.S., but I didn't know they were last night!  This was an unexpected, yet HAPPY surprise, because I haven't seen my cousin for about 5 years!  They are staying out in Queens, NY, so I decided to go drive out there to see them and show them around NYC.  To make a long story short, I picked them up and we drove and visited a few places in the city (below's a pic of me and my cousin in Times Square, NYC).  All in all we had a good time, but I got home at 4am...and needed to wake up at 7am to run.  Would I be able to do it?  Well thanks to my lovely gf's phone call, I was able to get myself out of bed and drag myself to the treadmill.  As expected, I needed to walk a bit b/c I was soooo tired.  But I did the 2 miles and am happy I did it :)  My time was 30 minutes 30 seconds and I burned 346 calories.  I even ran at 7 on the treadmill for bit... pretty crazy.  Now let's see if I can last at work without passing out :P

1 comment:

billie said...

what a good idea! i have said the same thing about getting into shape. and i haven't done it- to which i owe my plump frame :) but i really must drop some pounds this year- this is an inspiration so thank you :)